Veterans and first responders have unique needs in substance use treatment. Our Valor program provides specialized, trauma-focused care for clients struggling with drug and alcohol abuse after military service or because of the daily stress and danger of their job as first responders.
In our Valor program, you’ll receive evidence-based treatment from professionals trained to address the emotional and behavioral challenges of veterans and first responders. You’ll recover in a safe, accepting space alongside peers who have a firsthand understanding of what you’re going through. You’ll learn that trauma and substance abuse is a response to excessive stress, how to manage PTSD symptoms, stop using drugs and alcohol to self-medicate, and adopt healthy coping skills that help you move forward.
Our Veterans Program
Whether it stems from the transition back into life after service or after a tour of duty in a combat zone, 1 in 15 veterans struggle with alcohol and drug abuse. More than 76% of veterans with substance use problems meet the criteria for co-occurring mental health disorders as well.
Veterans have unique substance use treatment needs that are best treated with specialized care in an environment with other veterans and first responders. That’s why Vogue Recovery Center and Footprints to Recovery developed the Valor program, which offers trauma-focused, evidence-based treatment for veterans and first responders.
Our alcohol and drug rehab program for veterans includes:
Your treatment team is made up of behavioral health professionals who help you address mental, physical, and behavioral aspects of addiction and mental health conditions. Our model of care acknowledges the link between trauma and substance use disorders and treats both issues simultaneously. Specific therapies depend on the location and treatment program, but may include approaches like:
- Individual and group therapy
- Eye movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Rational emotive therapy
- Cognitive processing therapy (CPT)
- Prolonged exposure therapy (PE)
- Systematic desensitization
- Person-centered therapy
- Solution-focused therapy
- Experiential therapies like art therapy, music therapy, yoga, and others
Individualized, Trauma-Focused Treatment
Your treatment team will be comprised of credentialed and experienced individuals from diverse background. Some may include military personnel, veterans, and retired first responders. All veterans program staff are trained in military culture sensitivity and trauma. We create a personalized treatment plan based on your needs that includes trauma-focused approaches and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
Recovery is a process of change that includes learning how to improve health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and reach your full potential. We’ll help you set your own recovery goals. You’ll collaborate with case managers to fill your days with activities that help you achieve the independence, resources, and income necessary to participate in society. This may include:
- Writing a resume
- Planning financially
- Filling out and submitting job applications
- General housekeeping and chores
- Meal preparation
Transitional Care Plans
You’ll work with your case manager and treatment team to make sure you have the supports in place for when you leave addiction treatment and return home or to a sober living residence. Continuing care plans may include:
- Scheduling appointments with therapist, physicians, psychiatrists, and other providers.
- Connecting you with 12-step groups and other community groups
- Identifying specific strategies to deal with triggers and other recovery challenges.
- Rebuilding relationships with loved ones and family members through family therapy or other supports.
- Submitting applications for veterans’ benefits such as housing and home loan guarantees, disability compensation, job training, pension programs, and education programs.
Full Continuum of Care
We offer a full continuum of care so that you can ease the transition back into everyday life moving through higher levels of care to lower levels with less hours. Levels of care include:
- Medical detox
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- Outpatient treatment
- Sober-living residences
Admissions and Insurance
We know the decision to enter addiction treatment isn’t easy. We’re here to make sure the process is as stress-free as possible. Your substance use likely stems from complex factors like PTSD and mental health disorders, which require specialized treatment from trained behavioral health professionals.
We are in-network with Triwest and Optum VA Community Care. Our admissions advisors will work directly with your insurance provider to determine your benefits and explain any out-of-pocket costs to you.
You’ve worked hard for your country, and now it’s time to get the help you need to live the life you deserve. Call us for a free, confidential consultation.